Friday, April 29, 2011

Social Illustration - Assignment #2: Cartoon Network Poster

Ok, here's the 2nd assignment:

Create a poster for Cartoon Network, with one or more cartoon character, in the style of Art Nouveau.  Any size, any aspect ratio, any media.

No Disney characters ;)  I suppose that anime is ok, given that it's been shown on CN, but I'd rather see some good old fashioned Hanna Barbera thing, or something newer and Western, like Power Puff Girls, Samurai Jack or Adventure Time.

Deadline is Friday, May 13th.

Obviously, I recommend looking at Alfonse Mucha, but Gustav Klimt, Emile Galle or Antoni Gaudi might be good to check out as well.

I hope this one gets a bit more interest now that school is finished, and I really am looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

2 comments: